Doing business in Pune
Pune's economy is the sixth largest and has the highest per capital income in India. Some of the well known automotive companies in Pune include Volkswagen, Fiat and General Motors. Additionally, manufacturers of auto components such as Tata Autocomp Systems Limited, Continental Corporation, and Robert Bosch GmbH are located here. The city has one of the largest engineering corporations, Kirloskar Group, housed here. Leading information technology companies in Pune include IBM, Microsoft, Infosys, and Cognizant. Two new developments include the Hinjawadi IT Park and the Pune “Food Cluster” development project.
Education in Pune
Pune is fondly known as The Oxford of the East as there are more colleges, universities and schools than any other city in the world. Pune is the largest city for Japanese studies in the country. To name a few, the College of Engineering, the Film and Television Institutes, the Armed Forces Medical College, and the Symbiosis International University are all located in Pune. The city houses several research institutes including the National Chemical Laboratory, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, and the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology. There is also an institute of virology and an AIDS research facility. Pune is the center of Indian higher learning and this draws a constant influx of young people to its boundaries to live, learn, and work. The city is accessible through the Pune Airport trains and public buses.
Although perhaps not as well known as some of the other cities in India, Pune has much to offer business people and rightly deserves its title of one of the fastest growing cities in India, with a GDP growth rate of approximately double the national average. As business lawyers and auditors, De Micco & Friends know how challenging it can be setting up and running businesses in other countries.
Our mission is to help boost bilateral trade and communication by disseminating local knowledge; networking and both social and business events. With voluntary sector specialists, you can ask questions to our specialists, to find out if there is a need for your products adn servives in Pune.
For example the Quadron (see headline picture)
The Quadron is an IT-ITES special economic zone in Pune. Ther are many reasons for investors to benefit from this location.
- Duty free import/domestic procurement of goods for development, operation and maintenance of the SEZ unit.
- 100% Income Tax exemption on export income for first 5 years, 50% for next 5 years and 50% of the ploughed back export profit for next 5 years.
- Exemption from minimum alternate tax.
- External commercial borrowing by SEZ unit’s up to US $ 500 million in a year without any maturity restriction through recognized banking channels.
- Exemption from Central Sales Tax.
- Exemption from Service Tax.
- Single window clearance for Central and State level approvals.
- Exemption from Maharashtra VAT as extended by Government of Maharashtra.
- SEZs also have important infrastructure ready, like roads, water supply, electric supply etc. making it easier for companies to set up their offices in such zones.
- Moreover, an SEZ is a magnet for superior talent, hence setting up an office in an SEZ will benefit a company on multiple levels.
Services of our Lawyers in Pune
The De Micco & Friends Pune Team offers all legal services of an international full-service law firm.
- Company - and business set up, company foundation
- Business Development
- Real Estate Law, all types of transactions (buy, sell, rent, lease)
- Representation of investors in Pune (Real Estate, Merger & Acquisitions, Capital Markets)
- Civil law, Family Law, Crime Law
- Company Law
Please use the contact form to contact our team in Pune.